Kemala Villa is a beautiful five bedroom luxury villa in Bali tucked away in the scenic rice fields of Canggu. The Villa’s design combines contemporary Balinese architecture with clean modern lines and features numerous indoor and outdoor spaces, making it the ideal space for multiple or extended families to gather and hangout and also the perfect pad should you wish to sneak away for some ‘downtime’ by yourself.
This luxurious, newly built property (completed in November 2012) is built over two storeys and is set in a wonderful lush tropical garden overlooking the tranquil rice fields, yet it is only 1.5 km from the beach and a short drive to the chic restaurants, beach clubs and bars in Seminyak and Petitenget. The perfect combination really… you are close enough to dip into hustle and bustle yet far enough away to ensure a traditional Balinese experience. Kemala Villa offers you an experience that you would be hard pushed to leave the serenity of the rice fields.
The owner really has spent a lot of time and energy in creating the prefect retreat, with the stylish, thoughtfully designed interior, modern amenities of iPod docks in every room and of course the complimentary afternoon tea of homemade cakes and lattes served on the hanging terrace…wonderful!
Property Type: Private Villa / Bedrooms: 5 / Sleeps: 10
- Bedrooms: All five bedrooms are fully air-conditioned and have been decorated in natural and earthy tones with beautiful furnishings. Upstairs there are 3 bedrooms with King-Size beds and downstairs there are two further bedrooms which can either be King Size or Twin. The mattresses and bedding are of the highest quality allowing you to enjoy a wonderful sleep to finish the day…the ultimate luxury that most parents crave. The private sizeable en-suite bathrooms are also very indulgent, with grey tiled floor and sparkling white porcelain. Infact two of the Master bathrooms provide an additional ‘romantic’ outdoor shower experience, so you can truly be ‘at one with nature’!All bedrooms come complete with dressing areas, writing desk, deposit box and iPod dock. Four of the bedrooms have an additional daybed, very handy for a small child. In three of the bedrooms a flat screen TV with DVD is hidden inside a carved wood cabinet so there’s some handy entertainment if you need to keep those little people occupied. iPod dock/CD and MP3 can be found in all bedrooms.All bedrooms have wonderful views of the rice fields, the garden or the lotus pond so you really are able to enjoy this natural setting. Four of the bedrooms are complemented by a spacious terrace with daybeds giving you even more space to kick back and relax.
- Lounge & Dining Area: The living area is the perfect spot to capture the scenic view of the surrounding rice fields and swaying coconut trees. It has a large window with a view of the villa’s water features and lotus pond, and the folding doors open up to a terrace and a cleverly designed hanging terrace overlooking the swimming pool and the safely enclosed garden.This expansive space is stylishly furnished to provide a great space for relaxing with plenty of comfortable sofas and chairs to curl up on. On the hanging terrace, there are two comfortable lounges where you can lay under the covered roof and dream away with the sound of the gentle waterfall and stream running through the gardens.The semi-opened dining room is on the same level as the living room, next to both kitchens and separated by an island bar. It also has a view of the garden and the idyllic backdrop of the river and rice fields opposite the Villa. The dining area is furnished with a solid teak wood table which comfortably seats 12 guests. A great place for you all to gather together to enjoy a special dinner expertly prepared by the Villa Chef. An alternative and more casual dining area is the terrace which is a very popular place to enjoy your sumptuous breakfast as the sun rises over the beautiful garden.The living, dining and terrace area has Sonos sound system with BOSE speakers if you want to play and enjoy your current playlist. This villa has also been designed with two other enticing areas, the ‘fun bale’ which features a bar, a sociable seating area and is equipped with a full size pool table and an iPod, mp3 sound system. A popular retreat for both the younger ones and the oldies.
- Recreational Room: The entertainment/TV room is located next to the dining room and is fully air conditioned. It comes equipped with a 50” flatscreen TV complete with home theatre with DVD/CD player, and a Wii Game System; let the fun and games begin! The owner has thoughtfully stocked up on movies, books and family games making it another perfect place for ‘hanging out’. Sounds like one more excuse to never leave Kemala Villa
- Kitchen: There are two fully equipped kitchens at Kemala, a guest kitchen and a central kitchen positioned next to the guest kitchen. The main kitchen is where the talented chef prepares your meals and bakes the delicious special treat for your complimentary afternoon tea. Both kitchens are fully equipped including two wine fridges and a premium coffee machine.The fully equipped guest kitchen is where guests can cook (should you get inspired) or where cooking classes can be arranged by our Villa Chef on request.
- Outside & Pool Area: The size of the infinity swimming pool is 5m x 20m with a built in Jacuzzi and is surrounded by the manicured gardens, which includes plenty of exotic and tropical looking plants. The lawn space is perfect for those toddlers who want to run around and burn off some energy. The pool is bordered by white pebble stone deck furnished with 4 comfortable sundeck chairs, white umbrellas and a ‘romantic’ 4 poster ‘Ku-De-Ta’ sun bed to allow you to indulge in more luxury.Outside there is also a waterfall which forms into a small stream. The ambiance at night is enhanced by three fire bowls, which are lit at sunset.Nestled in at the end of the garden is the all important massage bale should you wish to enjoy a private massage and spa experience. Once the little ones are tucked up in bed for their lunchtime snooze or having some downtime watching their favourite DVD, you can quietly escape to this sanctuary to be pampered.If you fancy squeezing in some romance later in the day you could take advantage of the babysitting service and indulge in the outdoor river stone bathtub for an aromatic flower bath accompanied with some champagne.
- Sleeps: 10 (additional guests will be charged: Kids below 6 free. Kids below 12. USD$ 40. Above 12 will be charged USD$ 80 – subject to 15.5% tax and service charge)
- Amenities: Canggu Beach Club (1km for sports and leisure) Seminyak (3km for shopping, dining and nightlife)
- Beach: Echo Beach (2km for surfing, restaurants and sunsets)
- Baby Sitting: Can be arranged at approx USD$3-5 per hour
- Useful Baby Gear: 2 x Baby cot, 2 x highchairs. Booster seat, potty, plastic step, changing mat, baby bath, non slip bath mat and baby monitor can all be provided on request
- Indoor/Outdoor toys: Books, board games, DVD’s, toys, Nintendo Wii, pool toys
- Private Pool: 5m x 20m infinity edged pool which is not fenced so care should be taken. The pool does have an integral Jacuzzi which is good for the little ones to splash about
- Children’s Menu: Specially requested kids menu is available
- In Villa Dining: Daily complimentary breakfast for each guest and daily complimentary afternoon tea. Gourmet coffee from premium Saeco coffee machine, range of western and Asian food, and dietary requests are accommodated
- Villa Staff: the villa comes fully staffed with a Villa Manager and a dedicated team, including a Chef, 4 x villa attendants for housekeeping and service, 2 gardeners, 2 security guards and a driver
- Concierge Service: Available through Villa Manager and Guest Relations Manager
- Laundry: Can be arranged at a local cost
- Airport Transfers: Can be arranged
- Driver and car/bike rental:The villa has a driver for 8 hours daily, petrol is additional cost. Motor bike rental can be arranged at cost to the guest
- Wifi/Mobile Phone: Wi-Fi internet access
- Visiting Spa Therapist: Massages can be arranged at the villa for approx.USD$15 an hour. In-villa yoga can also be arranged via the Villa manager, min 2 person or minimum charges apply
- Shopping Service: This is a standard service which the Villa offers
- VIP Immigration Service: T To avoid waiting in lengthy immigration and customs queues at the airport, a VIP airport clearance service can be arranged at a fee (About USD 15–20 per person)
- Additional Services: The villa offers Canggu Guest membership (www.cangguclub.com) and preferential rates for Golf at Nirwana Golf Club
Prices for 2017 – 2018 (prices listed in USD)
|11 Jan 2018 – 10 Feb 2018
20 Feb 2018 – 24 March 2018
10 Apr 2018 – 31 May 2018
1 Sep 2017/2018 – 19 Dec 2017/2018
|11 Feb 2018– 19 Feb 2018 (Chinese New Year)
25 March 2018 – 10 Apr 2018 (Easter week)
1 June 2017/2018 – 31 Aug 2017/2018
|20 Dec 2017/2018 – 10 Jan 2017/2018||$1290++||7|
Villa Kemala is located in Berawa, which is located between Seminyak and Canggu, in south-west Bali.