Sira Beach House is the perfect island escape located on Lombok’s unspoiled Sira peninsula, overlooking the celebrated Gilli Islands and with views of neighbouring Bali Mount Agung. This sprawling property, feels like your own private resort, situated within its own palm grove and expansive lawn. Sira Beach House is a fully-staffed, self contained villa which provides you with a great place to hang-out with family and friends.
It’s beach front location makes it even more special…the unspoiled beaches and clear warm waters are only a few short steps away from the house. The property also boasts its own salt water swimming pool, plus tennis court and it backs onto the beautiful Kosaido Golf Course should you wish to squeeze a few rounds in.
Sira Beach House has been designed with the environment in mind. Great care was taken to maintain the existing mature palm grove, with the buildings being carefully positioned between the trees and all the materials and skills employed have been sourced locally. This eco-friendly villa means that you can swim in the chemical free swimming pool, your hot water is solar heated and the waste water is organically-treated and re-cycled for the lawns and the organic vegetable garden.
At Sira Beach House, they are committed both to preserve the natural beauty and Lomboks’ tranquil pace of life. The villa has been built in a traditional style with beautiful architecture yet it offers all the modern facilities. The owners have been keen to showcase Lomboks’ culture in all the design elements, including the textiles, furniture and fabrics which appear in all of the rooms.
Property Type: Private Villa / Bedrooms: 6 / Sleeps: 10
- Bedrooms: The six bedrooms are spread across the estate in pairs which means that each family can have their own space.The Master Pavilion is set apart from the main house in complete privacy by the beach. There are two pavilions in a typical Sasak style with bamboo clad structures and panels that slide to reveal windows and doors. You enter into this area through a traditional gate which leads into delightful courtyard garden; from here you have the choice of the Twin bedroom pavilion or the Master suite. The Master bedroom with its beautiful four poster bed is enormous, and beyond the timber deck is the beach, so near you feel you could touch it! The walls of the bedroom literally slide away so that to one side there is an ‘office area’ with desk and to the other side is the bathroom with free standing stone bath (with views of the beach). The bathroom leads to an outdoor shower which is truly special – with bamboo walls, the shower is set on a bougainvillea clad coconut tree with a head height opening through which you can watch the gentle waves on the beach.All bedrooms and bathrooms are air conditioned and with picture windows, mosquito nets and bamboo shutters which glide away giving access to wide furnished timber decks. If you do not like air conditioning, all bedrooms also have ceiling fans.
- Lounge & Dining Area: The open air sitting room is pretty spectacular. With white stone pillars which support the traditional alang-alang thatched roof you have views towards the beach and across the reflection pool to the dining balai.This lavish yet simple space has been furnished with stylish antiques and art. All the guests can sit comfortably on the Indonesian day beds and should you wish to, you can lower the bamboo blinds for privacy and to protect you from the sea breeze. At night some 20 candles niches blaze with light making this room, extra glamorous.
- Kitchen: Sira Beach House has its own chef who has devised and perfected a selection of dishes as a guideline to what is available. Whether international cuisine or local dishes, the style is simple, in keeping with this remote and pristine location. All produce is sourced locally, either from their supplier or fresh from the market.The wine room has a range of wines, spirits, soft drinks and beers and operates as a mini bar. Lunch and dinner possibilities at the villas are numerous. A portable table for 8-10 can be set anywhere in the gardens you would care to diner.
- Outside & Pool Area: The salt water swimming pool swimming is 19m x 12m and situated in the middle of the estate with beautiful views of the garden and beach. Here you can kick back and relax on a sun lounger, hammock or enjoy the pool pavilion. This area seats 12 on cushioned built-in sofas and the shaggy thatched structure is the perfect spot to take shade, enjoy the sea breeze and have a snooze.With a built in BBQ, drinks fridge and sink as well as a dedicated shower, WC, changing room with outside shower, you don’t really need to leave.
The are two ‘Beach Pavilions’ which are entered into from a charming lawned courtyard, with fabulous beach views from their private timber decks. These Double rooms do have a honeymoon feel so you can always relive those memories! A beautiful Indian day bed covered in soft cushions stands in front of the windows that slide back, so lounging with the gentle sound of the waves and the breeze from the sea should definately be on your agenda. Decorated with antique kimonos and Indonesian textiles the bedrooms lead into bathrooms with free standing hand carved stone baths, built in dressing tables, separate WC, as well as a fabulous shower whose glass doors slide back to open it entirely to its outside twin.
The two ‘Garden Pavilions’ are each entered through a private courtyard garden to a sitting area which can double as a Single bed making this room a Twin or a three sleeper for a couple with a young child. The Double bed has beautiful views through the palm grove. Antique textiles adorn the walls and fabulous carved Indian chests decorate this lovely light and airy room.The bathrooms have large solid stone baths and twin basins, specially designed and carved in Java. The windows slide back for a truly garden feeling – there is an impressive middle of the room rain shower or of course the outside option under the blue skies.
The ‘Twin Pavilion’ again is accessed from a courtyard garden and here you have the choice of the Twin bedroom pavilion or the Master suite. These pavilions are set apart from the main house in complete privacy by the beach, designed in a typical Sasak style with bamboo clad structures and panels that slide to reveal windows and doors.The Twin Pavilion has 2 four-poster Queen size beds, an ensuite bathroom and walk-in closet. The windows open to two sides with sweeping garden views and a large private deck – a fun room for children and equally luxurious for adults.
The double aspect open sided dining room looks both across the reflection pool to the Gili islands and to the sand garden. With a bespoke table for 14, a built-in side board and a dedicated temperature controlled wine room adjacent, this open room decorated with Southern Indian tribal dancing masks (to keep an eye on you!) is truly spectacular at night when cooled by fans and lit by the candle niches.There is also a dining Balai which appears to float on the reflection pool between the lounge and dining pavilions. A traditional open structure with thatched roof, built as an island you can enjoy the stunning views to Bali’s Mount Agung, and enjoy the Moroccan style seating on floor cushions with low tables.
There is also an aptly named ‘Chill-out Room’ – this is a fabulous place to do exactly that and chill! This space has been designed to function in two ways, an open air daytime space with a vast built in sofa/daybed & library, cooled by ceiling fans or even more luxurious a movie theatre a projector and screen allows all the guests to watch movies in the complete dark and be cool!The chill-out room is fully stocked with DVDs, board games (including Risk, Monopoly etc) and a varied selection of books.
The beach is literally a few steps away and is empty save for the occasional fisherman. The west-facing beach itself extends up into the lawned garden creating a completely private area for villa guests where rattan mattresses, towels and umbrellas set the scene for drinks to be served as and when you require…perfect.
- Sleeps: 12-14
- Amenities: The Tugu Hotel is a 10 minute bicycle ride away – or an easy 20 minute stroll along the beach – while the Oberoi , Lombok is a mere 10 minutes by car
- Beach: The beach house has its own private beach. The sea is calm and currents are extremely benign. SBH is fully equipped with snorkels, masks, flippers and sea shoes and the Oberoi boat can pull up onto the beach and take you to the Gillis as well as snorkelling and fishing trips
- Baby Sitting: Is available on request
- Useful Baby Gear: Baby cots, 2 x highchairs, baby car seat, bottle steriliser are available on request. Booster seat, potty, plastic step, changing mat, baby bath, non slip bath mat and baby monitor can all be provided upon extra cost
- Indoor/Outdoor toys: Childrens DVDS’s in the Chill-Out room, board games and outdoor sports such as tennis, croquet, skittles, kite flying, beach games, beach cricket, badminton, ping-pong ball
- Private Pool: Salt water pool (19m x 12m) is not fenced so care should be taken
- Children’s Menu: The chef can prepare a specially requested children’s menu
- Welcome Pack: The villa offers a pre-arrival planning service which ensures your needs are met prior to arrival. Guest are given a Welcome drink and fruit basket on arrival
- In Villa Dining: The Chef can prepare international or local dishes, the style is simple in keeping with this remote and pristine location. All produce is sourced locally, either from their supplier or fresh from the market. They suggest that menus are confirmed at least one day in advance in order for the suppliers and the chef to satisfy your requests
- Villa Staff: The villa comes fully staffed with a Villa Manager and a dedicated team, including a Chef
- Laundry: Complimentary laundry service offered and clothes will be returned wherever possible within 24 hours
- Airport Transfers: Can be arranged
- Bike Rentals: Are available for excursions
- Wifi/Mobile Phone: Wi-Fi internet access is available
- Visiting Spa Therapist: Beauty treatments are available, such as massages, manicures, pedicures, facials and body scrubs. Massage is available in the massage balai by the beach or in the privacy of your room or deck. Guests can also have access to The Tugu Hotel Spa
- Shopping Service: This is a standard service which the Villa offers
Prices for 2015 – 2016 (prices listed in USD)
|SEASON||DATES||COST PER NIGHT|
|9 Jan – 30 June
16 Sept – 19 Dec
(excluding Easter and CNY)
|1 Jul – 31 Jul
1 – 15 September
Easter and CNY
|1 Aug – 31 Aug
20 Dec – 8 Jan
Sira Beach House is on Sira Beach, in the Northwest of Lombok, 65km due East of Bali. The villa is 24km (40 minutes) from the Capital Mataram.