Located in downtown Seminyak, The Orchard House is an elegant four-bedroom character home set amongst stunning tropical gardens. Unique in appearance and style, this delightful residence can best be described as “British India meets Out of Africa”.
This charming property overflows with exotic furnishings and artefacts. Hundreds of paintings, sketches, photographs and prints by famous artists adorn the walls, while antique rugs, ceramic vases and vintage fabrics inject a unique sense of style.
Sympathetic to its surrounds, traditional Balinese materials have been used in harmony with the environment and tropical climate. High vaulted ceilings topped with ironwood shingle and alang-alang thatched roofs, and hard wood floors keep the villa cool, while French-style windows beautifully capture the natural light.
The expansive garden with its mature trees, large lawn, 13-metre swimming pool (with optional pool fence) and poolside balé adds to the villa’s beauty to create a sense of space in an urban neighbourhood bustling with activity. Just 100 metres from the villa’s door guests find themselves on Jalan Seminyak, home to some of the island’s best restaurants, spas, boutiques, bars and galleries.
However for those who’d rather stay in and enjoy the quiet, The Orchard House offers a multitude of living spaces and comes with a team of dedicated staff, including a highly-skilled in-house chef. The villa is particularly child friendly too, with an additional bedroom that sleeps four children and an abundance of facilities to keep even the most energetic youngsters entertained.
Property Type: Private Villa / Bedrooms: 4 / Sleeps: 12
The spacious air-conditioned master bedroom with its white wooden ceiling, hardwood floors, ensuite bathroom, king-size bed and library sitting area is the perfect place for those who wish to unwind and relax while taking in the garden views. The room is also equipped with a ceiling fan and small satellite TV and DVD player.The air-conditioned ensuite bathroom consists of two areas: a dressing room with wooden floors and antique carpets underfoot, plentiful cupboard space and two white basins set in a grey marble vanity; and a light and airy Palimanan bathing area with rain shower and tub looking out across the vivid green foliage.This room is ideal for parents who like to have their children close at hand as the children’s room is accessed directly off the master suite’s dressing area.The children’s bedroom is divided by a wooden doorway into two separate air-conditioned spaces. The first area is fitted out with a white bunk bed, bright pink furnishings, shelves, cupboards and play space, while an annex features two single beds with white and turquoise furnishings (suitable for children and teenagers only).Downstairs Bedrooms:
Accessed via the media room or garden veranda, the connecting downstairs guest rooms, which are cooled by both air conditioning and ceiling fans, feature green and white hand-painted cement tiles from one of Bali’s most famous artistic villages, Sidemen.
The larger room is furnished with a four-poster king-size bed draped in mosquito netting, a floral patterned sofa, watercolours and a scattering of antiques. Curtained doors lead to the twin guest room which has its own garden access through bi-fold doors.
Both rooms share a rustic ensuite bathroom featuring a terrazzo bathtub and handheld shower, small settee, twin basins set in a beige marble vanity and a large whitewashed teak cupboard for storing clothes. As well as opening onto the garden, the bathroom has a clear glass ceiling above the tub to give the effect of bathing under the stars.
These two guest rooms are ideally set up for a family with young children.
Across the garden from the two guest rooms stands the air-conditioned garden bungalow – discreetly located for those craving extra privacy. Featuring a high vaulted ceiling and alang-alang thatched roof, terracotta-tiled patio with reading chairs, a king-size four-poster bed with mosquito netting, sofa adorned with green and white striped cushions and an antique writing desk, this little house oozes character. Traditional Balinese doors lead to an ensuite with a terrazzo tub and handheld shower and twin basins set in a teak vanity. The bathroom also opens onto the garden – the perfect place for taking a relaxing bath.
- Lounge & Dining Area: Guests at The Orchard House are spoilt for choice when it comes to indoor living spaces.Guests are greeted at The Orchard House in the open-plan living and dining room, where they can recline on soft, comfortable sofas with a welcome drink while admiring the detail that has gone into making this home so special.The dining area, with its circular table for six, curves out towards the garden with bi-fold doors and windows opening onto the tropical surrounds.A step down from the living and dining room is the fan-cooled ‘Big Room’ which has been fashioned on the traditional Balinese wantilan (meeting hall) with vaulted ceilings under a thatched roof. Plump sofas with soft cushions surround a huge coffee table laden with books (some published by the owner), and an antique cabinet hides a satellite TV with DVD player and Bose iPod dock for entertainment.French doors open out onto the gardens and a patio with a large outdoor dining table (seats eight) shaded by umbrellas.The covered outdoor lounge area is very close to the pool, infact you can almost dip your toes in the water to keep cool. The teak cushioned couch and two chairs makes this another lovely space to just hang-out. This area also has a Bose iPod dock so you can chill out to your own tunes underneath the cooling overhead fans.The air-conditioned Media room can be accessed from the foyer, kitchen and garden. Here guests can enjoy a movie on the large flatscreen satellite TV with DVD player. Equipped with Xbox, Nintendo Wii, Karaoke machine, a doll’s house, numerous toys – even a dining table with vinyl tablecloth for messy eaters – this room doubles admirably as a children’s playroom.
The air-conditioned Library located on the top floor of the main house makes an ideal retreat. Furnished with two leather armchairs, a wooden desk and a large daybed, this room offers the best views in the house through a wall of windows. A small balcony furnished with a wicker chair is strategically placed to catch the sun’s rays.
- Kitchen: Adjoining the living and dining room is the villa’s fully equipped galley-style kitchen fitted out with black granite worktops, teak cupboards, an impressive china cabinet, a great selection of cookbooks and all the latest appliances, including a wine fridge. Guests can sip their tea in the breakfast nook decked out with pink and white check cushions.
- Outside & Pool Area: One of the highlights of The Orchard House is its stunning garden with swaying coconut palms, towering trees and exotic blooms. A rare luxury for a Seminyak villa, this beautiful home boasts large lawns big enough for a game of soccer, badminton or croquet. While the children are kept well entertained with the tree house, swings and the 13-metre swimming pool which has a special shallow section, adults can lie back on the sun loungers and daybed or take refuge in the poolside balé. Near the pool is an undercover dining area (seats ten) which makes an idyllic setting for a barbecue on a balmy night.
- Sleeps: 8 adults + 4 children (3 king, 1 twin, bunk bed, 2 singles. The family room is attached to the Master Bedroom.
- Amenities: A short stroll into Seminyak for a wander around the boutiques, eat at the many restaurants or check out the bars
- Beach: 20 mins walk to Seminyak beach which is 2km away. Kuta beach is 5km.
- Baby Sitting: Can be arranged at extra cost
- Useful Baby Gear: 2 x Baby cots, 3 x highchairs, baby car seat, bottle steriliser, children’s cutlery and crockery are available on request. Pool fence also available at no extra cost. Booster seat, potty, plastic step, changing mat, baby bath, non slip bath mat and baby monitor and other equipment can all be provided upon extra cost
- Indoor/Outdoor toys: Nintendo, Wii, Xbox and plenty of toys (plus treehouse in the large garden)
- Private Pool: Private 13m swimming pool. A pool fence is available on request. There is a shallow end in the pool perfect for paddling
- Children’s Menu: Specially requested kids menu available
- In Villa Dining: The villa’s skilled private chef, Putu, will happily prepare anything from the suggested menus. His specialities include English and French cuisine. He is at your service to prepare daily breakfast, lunch and dinner. The villa offers an extensive suggestion menu of delicious home-style meals featuring Asian and international dishes to cater to all tastes, with an excellent selection of vegetarian and children’s options. However Chef Putu is more than happy to whip up a favourite dish or encourage you to choose a recipe from one of the villa’s cookbooks. He is well trained in European cooking and a stay isn’t complete without trying his cheese soufflé, steak with white bean sauce and lemon brulée tart. Meals can be tailored to accommodate special dietary requirements and to make the most of the kitchen, and give staff time to shop, it is recommended that you plan meals with the chef or villa manager the evening before. Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price. Guests will be requested to provide grocery money in advance and the staff will do the shopping for you and keep the receipts for your reference.
- Villa Staff: The villa has a Villa Manager, 4 Housekeepers, Chef, Gardener/Pool Attendant and night-time Security Guard
- Laundry: Laundry service is provided to take of your basic daily needs
- Airport Transfers: Can be arranged
- Driver and car/bike rental: A car with driver can be organised at a reasonable extra cost for guests who would like to have their own private transport – either for a few hours or for their entire holiday
- Wifi/Mobile Phone: WiFi and ADSL internet access; landline for local calls and IDD; mobile phone (desktop computer and printer/scanner also available)car with driver can be organised at a reasonable extra cost for guests who would like to have their own private transport – either for a few hours or for their entire holiday
- Visiting Spa Therapist: A masseuse and fully trained spa therapist is available on request (extra charges will apply)
- Entertainment: Satellite TV and DVD players; CD player; Bose iPod dock, Nintendo Wii, Xbox. Large garden to play in with tree house, croquet and swings. childrens bike
- Additional Facilities: BBQ
Prices for 2017 – 2018 (prices listed in USD)
|DATES||COST PER NIGHT||10+ NIGHTS||MIN STAY|
|02 May 2017 – 02 June 2017
01 Sept 2017 – 14 Dec 2107
08 Jan 2018 – 14 Feb 2018
22 Feb 2018 – 23 Mar 2018
09 April 2018 – 27 April 2018
02 May 2018 – 15 Jun 2018
03 Sep 2018 – 4 Dec 2018
|16 Jun 2017 – 23 Jun 2017
21 Aug 2017 – 31 Aug 2017
24 Mar 2018 – 28 Mar 2018
03 Apr 2018 – 08 April 2018
16 Jun 2018 – 22 Jun 2018
20 Aug 2018- 2 Sept 2018
|24 Jun 2017 – 20 Aug 2017
15 Dec 2017 – 25 Dec 2017
02 Jan 2018 – 7 Jan 2018
15 Feb 2018 – 21 Feb 2018
29 March 2018 02 Apr 2018
28 April 2018 – 1 May 2018
23 Jun 2018 – 19 Aug 2018
15 Dec 2018 – 25 Dec 2018
|26 Dec 2017 – 02 Jan 2018
26 Dec 2018 – 02 Jan 2019
The Orchard House is tucked down a small laneway off Bali’s bustling tourist strip, Jalan Seminyak. This lengthy street is lined with restaurants, bars, boutiques, galleries and spas making The Orchard House a food lover and shopper’s dream location. The villa is also just around the corner from Jalan Laksmana, or ‘Eat St’, where you will find every type of cuisine possible – Italian, Japanese, Moroccan, Indian and traditional Indonesian warungs. What makes The Orchard House so unique is that while it is in the middle of Bali’s most sought-after neighbourhood, it is also remarkably quiet and peaceful.
Wide, black and sandy Seminyak beach is just two kilometres from the villa and stretches north and south as far as the eye can see. It is a great beach for running, walking, building sandcastles and, of course, lazing in the sun. Sun beds with umbrellas can be hired from local vendors, but if you want a more luxurious experience head to the string of top-end funky bars such as Ku Dé Ta and Potato Head that offer five-star beachside service. At sunset, Seminyak Beach is alive with locals and holiday-makers savouring the magical moments as the sun goes down. There are plenty of surf breaks, but swimming is permitted only between the flags due to strong currents.