Villa Bougainvillea is a luxury four-bedroom villa set within the Miskawaan Resort complex of nine beachfront villas on Koh Samui’s unspoilt north coast. Backed by tropical palms and fringed by the white sands of Maenam Beach, the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Thailand are literally just a stone’s throw away.
Each villa within the complex enjoys its own individual features, layout and, most importantly, privacy – however, it benefits from the added-value services Miskawaan Resort provides. This can be anything from sourcing a personal chauffeur, babysitter or masseuse, restaurant reservations to arranging for a chef to prepare an authentic Thai meal within the comfort of your own villa. Each villa has its own Villa Manager so you can rest assured that you will be well taken care of.
Villa Bougainvillea is designed around a garden of tropical plants and palms and its generously sized, living and dining areas and bedrooms are spread across three pavilions which are connected by covered terracotta-tiled walkways. With two Double and two Twin rooms this wonderful beach retreat would be the perfect property for two or more families holidaying together. The villa provides fantastic communal facilities, but also offers plenty of space for that all-important privacy. With a spacious living and dining room, beautiful garden and pool area and direct beach access, this promises to be the perfect setting for a relaxing and memorable family holiday.
Villa Bougainvillea provides the best of both worlds of indoor and outdoor living, with both seamlessly flowing into one another. All rooms benefit from floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding doors, inviting the lush tropical gardens indoors, and maximising the spectacular sea views. Exposed timber ceilings and polished teak or sandstone floors give a sense of tropical luxury, whilst maintaining a bright and airy feel. Dark wood furniture, local artwork and colourful soft furnishings give a uniquely Thai feel to the villa.
Property Type: Private Villa / Bedrooms: 4 / Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: There are two Double bedrooms and two Twin bedrooms. An L-shaped pavilion to one side of the garden houses one Double and two Twin bedrooms, all with walk-in closets and ensuite marble bathrooms featuring indoor and open-air showers.The spacious Master Suite is located in a separate pavilion at the back of the property, allowing for maximum privacy. It features teak flooring, walk-in closet, TV with satellite TV and DVD players and an ensuite marble bathroom with an indoor and open-air shower.
- Lounge & Dining Area: The large open-plan living and dining area is set under a high vaulted ceiling with exposed timber beams, and marble flooring helping to keep the room cool and airy. There is lounge seating to comfortably seat ten people, and a 50” LCD TV with satellite TV and DVD player. A large dining table seats ten, making this an ideal space for social and family occasions. Floor-to-ceiling windows give views out onto the garden, pool and beach areas, while carefully placed traditional artifacts give a distinct Thai feel to the room.An open-air lounge adjoins the living room and is decked out with tropical lounge seating and sunloungers. This area also features an outdoor bar with bar seating, fridge and stereo system, making it the perfect spot for adult wind-down time while the kids watch DVDs indoors or play by the pool.
- Kitchen: The modern, fully fitted, Western style kitchen leads off the dining area. The kitchen is a good size with plenty of workspace, wooden cupboards, black granite worktops and full Siemens appliances. Miskawaan Resort can arrange for a chef to prepare authentic Thai meals within the comfort of your own villa, if required, allowing you more time to relax with the family.
- Outside & Pool Area: The three separate pavilions surround a central garden area and are linked by terracotta sandwash walkways set under exposed timber ceilings. The garden is overflowing with lush tropical foliage and palm trees, while a small grass lawn provides some space for children to play and has direct access to the beach.Sunloungers and a swinging love chair provide the perfect opportunity for relaxation while gazing out at the uninterrupted sea view, while an inviting blue-tiled saltwater swimming pool runs up the side of the property, with steps leading into the shallow end making for easy access for little ones.The poolside ‘sala’ provides welcome respite from the heat of the day. The sala has a double massage daybed for some poolside pampering, or afternoon snoozes, and a dining table that seats six, making this ideal spot for an al-fresco breakfast or lunch.An outdoor toilet saves adults and children dripping wet footprints through the bedrooms, while the outdoor shower allows you to wash off all that sand before venturing indoors.
- Useful Tips: There is no fencing around the pool and so care should be taken with young children.All rooms have direct garden/pool access via sliding doors, so special care would need to be taken if holidaying with small children.None of the bathrooms have bathtubs, which may prove problematic if holidaying with small children.
- Sleeps: 8
- Amenities: 5/10 min walk to local restaurant and shops and Maenam Village where once a week stalls are erected to sell local wares from 4pm until late. 10 min drive to Bhoput and 15/20mins drive to Chaweng
- Beach: Villa is beachfront so literally the sand is only a few footsteps away!
- Baby Sitting: Can be arranged @ THB 450 ++ per hour per nanny (maximum 2 children per nanny)
- Useful Baby Gear: Cots, high chairs, playpen, baby monitor, car seat, fence around the pool, strip lock for sliding doors can all be provided. Other items can also be arranged but there may be an additional fee
- Indoor/Outdoor toys: Beach toys are available
- Private Pool: Private saltwater swimming pool, with steps in the shallow end to make it easier for the little ones. A pool fence can also be requested
- Children’s Menu: Whilst there is no ‘set childrens’ menu the Chefs and Villa Manager can cater for most requests. The charges for this is at cost +30%
- In Villa Dining: An extensive in villa dining menu is available; the Chefs can also where possible cater for other requests. The Chefs will go shopping for supplies and this be charged at cost +30%. The Chef service is complimentary and breakfast (hot and continental) is included in the rate
- Villa Staff: Villa Manager, Maid and Private Chef
- Concierge Service: Available through Villa Manager and Guest Relations Manager
- Laundry: Can be arranged
- Airport Transfers: One round trip transfer is complimentary
- Driver and car/bike rental: Can be arranged
- Wifi/Mobile Phone: Wi-Fi is free at the resort
- Visiting Spa Therapist: Can be arranged
- Shopping Service: Guest can order from a shopping list which is sent through prior to their departure so they have supplies on arrival
Prices for 2017 – 2019 (prices listed in USD)
|SEASON||DATES||2BR/SLEEPS 4||3BR/SLEEPS 6||4BR/SLEEPS 8|
|Intermediate||Min 3 Nights||Min 3 Nights||Min 3 Nights|
|1 June 2017 – 30 June 2017
1 Sept 2017 – 14 Dec 2016
10 Apr 2018 – 30 June 2018
01 Sep 2018 – 14 Dec 2018
|High||Min 3 Nights||Min 3 Nights||Min 3 Nights|
|01 Jul 2017 – 31 Aug 2017
11 Jan 2018 – 08 Feb 2018
25 feb 2018 – 24 Mar 2018
1 Jul 2018 – 31 Aug 2018
|Peak||Min 5 Nights||Min 5 Nights||Min 5 Nights|
|9 Feb 2018 – 24 Feb 2018
25 Mar 2018 – 09 Apr 2018
|Xmas/New Year||Min 7 Nights||Min 7 Nights||Min 7 Nights|
|15 Dec 2017 – 10 Jan 2018
15 Dec 2018 – 19 Jan 2019
Maenam is on the north coast of Samui Island. Maenam Beach is a 5km stretch of beach fringed with coconut trees, facing Koh Phangan to the North and is not as developed as Samui’s east coast resort towns. Maenam is a quieter area to spend your holiday and is ideally suited to families. Whilst it is more peaceful, it does have a dining and shopping scene and is still conveniently located to the towns of Bophut and Chaweng which offer more hustle and bustle should you wish to experience that.