Villa Frangipani is a luxury five-bedroom villa set within the idyllic Miskawaan Resort, which is a complex of nine beachfront villas on Koh Samui’s unspoilt north coast. Backed by tropical palms and fringed by the white sands of Maenam Beach, the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Thailand are literally just a stone’s throw away.
Each villa within the complex enjoys its own individual features, layout and, most importantly, privacy – however, it benefits from the added-value services Miskawaan Resort provides. This can be anything from sourcing a personal chauffeur, babysitter or masseuse, restaurant reservations to arranging for a chef to prepare an authentic Thai meal within the comfort of your own villa. Each villa has its own Villa Manager so you can rest assured that you will be well taken care of.
Villa Frangipani has been designed around the villa’s private pool which has neatly planted coconut palms at the sides to offer you pockets of shade. With two Double and three Twin rooms, Villa Frangipani would be the perfect property for multiple families holidaying together. The villa provides fantastic communal facilities, but also offers plenty of space for that all-important privacy. With spacious living and dining areas, beautiful garden and pool and direct beach access, this promises to be the perfect setting for a relaxing and memorable family holiday.
The interior is fresh and neutral, with all rooms benefiting from sliding doors leading out onto the lush tropical gardens. The exposed timber ceilings and polished teak or marble floors give a sense of tropical luxury, whilst maintaining a bright and airy feel. Dark wood furniture, local artwork and colourful soft furnishings give a uniquely Thai feel to the villa.
Property Type: Private Villa / Bedrooms: 5 / Sleeps: 10
- Bedrooms: There are two Double bedrooms and three Twin bedrooms. The two Double rooms feature exposed timber ceilings and polished teak floors, while all bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms featuring a double vanity and indoor shower. The three Twin bedrooms are located at the rear of the property, with two of them opening onto an attractive patio area.The Double room and the Master Suite are in the pavilion to the right of the swimming pool, with the Master located at the front of this pavilion and commanding spectacular views of the beach and out to sea through its floor-to-ceiling windows. Sliding doors lead out onto a patio with sunloungers and a day bed. It also has a TV with satellite TV and DVD player, and stereo system, and ensuite bathroom with both indoor shower and bathtub.
- Lounge & Dining Area: The living room takes pride of place at the end of the swimming pool and is set under a high vaulted ceiling with exposed timber beams, and marble flooring. There is lounge seating to comfortably seat ten people, and a 50” LCD TV with satellite TV and DVD player. Floor-to-ceiling windows give views down the swimming pool and out to sea, while carefully placed traditional artefacts give a distinct Thai feel to the room.The dining room lies adjacent to the pool and is set under a high vaulted ceiling with exposed timber beams, and marble flooring. It features a large dining table that seats ten, making this an ideal space for social and family occasions
An open-air lounge adjoins the dining room and is home to another ten-seater dining table, which boasts uninterrupted views over the garden out to sea making it the ideal spot for breakfast or lunch with a view. This area also features an outdoor bar and stereo system.
- Kitchen: The modern, fully fitted, Western style kitchen leads off the dining area. The kitchen is a good size with plenty of workspace, wooden cupboards, black granite worktops and full Siemens appliances. Miskawaan Resort can arrange for a chef to prepare authentic Thai meals within the comfort of your own villa, if required, allowing you more time to relax with the family.
- Outside & Pool Area: Villa life centres around the large blue-tiled saltwater swimming pool, which is lined with towering palm trees and offers views out to sea. Steps lead into the shallow end of the pool near the living room, making for easy access for little ones.Beach frontage at Villa Frangipani amounts to a generous 27m, meaning spectacular views out to sea from the pool and communal areas. Access to the beach is via a gate next to the pool. An outdoor toilet saves adults and children dripping wet footprints through the bedrooms, while the outdoor shower next to the beach access gate allows you to wash off all that sand before venturing indoors.
- Useful Tips: There is no fencing around the pool and so care should be taken with young children.All rooms have direct garden/pool access via sliding doors, so special care would need to be taken if holidaying with small children.Only the Master Bathroom has a bathtub, which may prove problematic if holidaying with small children.
- Sleeps: 10
- Amenities: 5/10 min walk to local restaurant and shops and Maenam Village where once a week stalls are erected to sell local wares from 4pm until late. 10 min drive to Bhoput and 15/20mins drive to Chaweng
- Beach: Villa is beachfront so literally the sand is only a few footsteps away!
- Baby Sitting: Can be arranged @ THB 450 ++ per hour per nanny (maximum 2 children per nanny)
- Useful Baby Gear: Cots, high chairs, playpen, baby monitor, car seat, fence around the pool, strip lock for sliding doors can all be provided. Other items can also be arranged but there may be an additional fee
- Indoor/Outdoor toys: Beach toys are available
- Private Pool: Private saltwater swimming pool, with steps in the shallow end to make it easier for the little ones. A pool fence can also be requested
- Children’s Menu: Whilst there is no ‘set childrens’ menu the Chefs and Villa Manager can cater for most requests. The charges for this is at cost +30%
- In Villa Dining: An extensive in villa dining menu is available; the Chefs can also where possible cater for other requests. The Chefs will go shopping for supplies and this be charged at cost +30%. The Chef service is complimentary and breakfast (hot and continental) is included in the rate
- Villa Staff: Villa Manager, Maid and Private Chef
- Concierge Service: Available through Villa Manager and Guest Relations Manager
- Laundry: Can be arranged
- Airport Transfers: One round trip transfer is complimentary
- Driver and car/bike rental: Can be arranged
- Wifi/Mobile Phone: Wi-Fi is free at the resort
- Visiting Spa Therapist: Can be arranged
- Shopping Service: Can be arranged
Prices for 2017 – 2019 (prices listed in USD)
|SEASON||DATES||3BR/SLEEPS 6||4BR/SLEEPS 8||5BR/SLEEPS 10|
|Intermediate||Min 3 Nights||Min 3 Nights||Min 3 Nights|
|1 June 2017 – 30 June 2017
1 Sept 2017 – 14 Dec 2016
10 Apr 2018 – 30 June 2018
01 Sep 2018 – 14 Dec 2018
|High||Min 3 Nights||Min 3 Nights||Min 3 Nights|
|01 Jul 2017 – 31 Aug 2017
11 Jan 2018 – 08 Feb 2018
25 Feb 2018 – 24 Mar 2018
1 Jul 2018 – 31 Aug 2018
|Peak||Min 5 Nights||Min 5 Nights||Min 5 Nights|
|9 Feb 2018 – 24 Feb 2018
25 Mar 2018 – 09 Apr 2018
|Xmas/New Year||Min 7 Nights||Min 7 Nights||Min 7 Nights|
|5 Dec 2017 – 10 Jan 2018
15 Dec 2018 – 19 Jan 2019
Maenam is on the north coast of Samui Island. Maenam Beach is a 5km stretch of beach fringed with coconut trees, facing Koh Phangan to the North and is not as developed as Samui’s east coast resort towns. Maenam is a quieter area to spend your holiday and is ideally suited to families. Whilst it is more peaceful, it does have a dining and shopping scene and is still conveniently located to the towns of Bophut and Chaweng which offer more hustle and bustle should you wish to experience that.