Villa Hibiscus is a luxury four-bedroom villa set within the idyllic Miskawaan Resort complex of nine beachfront villas on Koh Samui’s unspoilt north coast. Backed by tropical palms and fringed by the white sands of Maenam Beach, the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Thailand are literally just a stone’s throw away.
Each villa within the complex enjoys its own individual features, layout and, most importantly, privacy – however, it benefits from the added-value services Miskawaan Resort provides. This can be anything from sourcing a personal chauffeur, babysitter or masseuse, restaurant reservations to arranging for a chef to prepare an authentic Thai meal within the comfort of your own villa. Each villa has its own Villa Manager so you can rest assured that you will be well taken care of.
The villa is approached through a traditional gateway which opens onto a stone courtyard which then leads to the landscaped garden and the L-shaped swimming pool. With two Double and two Twin rooms, Villa Hibiscus would be the perfect property for two or more families holidaying together. The villa provides fantastic communal facilities, but also offers plenty of space for that all-important privacy. With spacious living and dining areas, beautiful garden and pool and direct beach access, this promises to be the perfect setting for a relaxing and memorable family holiday.
The interior is fresh and neutral, with all rooms benefiting from sliding doors leading out onto the lush tropical gardens. The exposed timber ceilings and polished teak or marble floors give a sense of tropical luxury, whilst maintaining a bright and airy feel. Dark wood furniture, local artwork and colourful soft furnishings give a uniquely Thai feel to the villa.
Property Type: Private Villa / Bedrooms: 4 / Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: There are two Double bedrooms and two Twin bedrooms. The bedroom pavilions overlook the living pavilion and garden. The two Double rooms feature exposed timber ceilings and polished teak floors, while all bedrooms have ensuite marble bathrooms featuring a double vanity and indoor shower. All rooms have sliding doors leading out onto the garden/pool area.The Master Suite is located at the front of the property and commands spectacular views out to sea through its floor-to-ceiling windows. Sliding doors lead out onto a patio with a sofa overlooking the beach. It also has a TV with satellite TV and DVD player, and stereo system, and ensuite bathroom with both indoor shower and bathtub.
- Lounge & Dining Area: The large open-plan living and dining area is located at the front of the property, providing spectacular views out to sea and the swimming pool. The room is set under a high vaulted ceiling with exposed timber beams, while marble flooring helps to keep the room cool and airy. There is lounge seating to comfortably seat ten people, and a 50” LCD TV with satellite TV and DVD player. A large dining table seats ten, making this an ideal space for social and family occasions.The lounge/dining room opens onto a covered verandah, which runs the length of the villa frontage and looks straight out to sea. The verandah is furnished with sunloungers for relaxing and taking in the view, and a further dining table to seat 10 people, making it the perfect spot for breakfast/lunch with a view or an al-fresco dinner to the sound of the waves. A further small patio area overlooks the pool with comfortable armchairs, so you can supervise the kids in comfort!
- Kitchen: The modern, fully fitted, Western style kitchen leads off the dining area. The kitchen is a good size with plenty of workspace, wooden cupboards, black granite worktops and full Siemens appliances. Miskawaan Resort can arrange for a chef to prepare authentic Thai meals within the comfort of your own villa, if required, allowing you more time to relax with the family.
- Outside & Pool Area: The highlight of the villa is the stunning L-shaped blue-tiled saltwater swimming pool, which is adjacent to the living room and is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and palm trees. Steps lead into the shallow end of the pool near the living room, making for easy access for little ones. There is a nice lawn area behind the pool for the kids to run around on. Access to the beach is via a gate from the verandah.The poolside ‘sala’ provides welcome respite from the heat of the day and has a double massage daybed for some poolside pampering, or afternoon snoozes. An outdoor toilet saves adults and children dripping wet footprints through the bedrooms, while the outdoor shower next to the beach access gate allows you to wash off all that sand before venturing indoors.
- Useful Tips: There is no fencing around the pool and so care should be taken with young children.Only the Master Bathroom has a bathtub, which may prove problematic if holidaying with small children.All rooms have direct garden/pool access via sliding doors, so special care would need to be taken if holidaying with small children.
- Sleeps: 8
- Amenities: 5/10 min walk to local restaurant and shops and Maenam Village where once a week stalls are erected to sell local wares from 4pm until late. 10 min drive to Bhoput and 15/20mins drive to Chaweng
- Beach: Villa is beachfront so literally the sand is only a few footsteps away!
- Baby Sitting: Can be arranged @ THB 450 ++ per hour per nanny (maximum 2 children per nanny)
- Useful Baby Gear: Cots, high chairs, playpen, baby monitor, car seat, fence around the pool, strip lock for sliding doors can all be provided. Other items can also be arranged but there may be an additional fee
- Indoor/Outdoor toys: Beach toys are available
- Private Pool: Private saltwater swimming pool, with steps in the shallow end to make it easier for the little ones. A pool fence can also be requested
- Children’s Menu: Whilst there is no ‘set childrens’ menu the Chefs and Villa Manager can cater for most requests. The charges for this is at cost +30%
- In Villa Dining: An extensive in villa dining menu is available; the Chefs can also where possible cater for other requests. The Chefs will go shopping for supplies and this be charged at cost +30%. The Chef service is complimentary and breakfast (hot and continental) is included in the rate
- Villa Staff: Villa Manager, Maid and Private Chef
- Concierge Service: Available through Villa Manager and Guest Relations Manager
- Laundry: Can be arranged
- Airport Transfers: One round trip transfer is complimentary
- Driver and car/bike rental: Can be arranged
- Wifi/Mobile Phone: Wi-Fi is free at the resort
- Visiting Spa Therapist: Can be arranged
- Shopping Service: Can be arranged
Prices for 2016- 2017 (prices listed in USD)
|SEASON||DATES||2BR/SLEEPS 4||3BR/SLEEPS 6||4BR/SLEEPS 8|
|Intermediate||Min 3 Nights||Min 3 Nights||Min 3 Nights|
|01 Jun 2017 – 30 June 2017
1 Sept 2017 – 14 Dec 2017
10 Apr 2018 – 30 Jun 2018
01 Sep 2018 – 14 Dec 2018
|High||Min 3 Nights||Min 3 Nights||Min 3 Nights|
|01 Jul 2017 – 31 Aug 2017
11 Jan 2018 – 08 Feb 2018
25 Feb 2018 – 24 Mar 2018
1 Jul 2018 – 31 Aug 2018
|Peak||Min 5 Nights||Min 5 Nights||Min 5 Nights|
|09 Feb 2018 – 24 Feb 2018
25 Mar 2018– 09 Apr 2018
|Xmas/New Year||Min 5 Nights||Min 5 Nights||Min 5 Nights|
|15 Dec 2017 – 10 Jan 2018
15 Dec 2018 – 10 Jan 2019
Maenam is on the north coast of Samui Island. Maenam Beach is a 5km stretch of beach fringed with coconut trees, facing Koh Phangan to the North and is not as developed as Samui’s east coast resort towns. Maenam is a quieter area to spend your holiday and is ideally suited to families. Whilst it is more peaceful, it does have a dining and shopping scene and is still conveniently located to the towns of Bophut and Chaweng which offer more hustle and bustle should you wish to experience that.