If you’re seeking a chic pad in the heart of Bali’s sophisticated Seminyak neighbourhood that’s stylish, comfortable and perfect for families with children, then look no further than Villa Jajaliluna. Located just a short stroll from the beach, this elegant four-bedroom villa, hidden behind vine-clad walls and shaded by coconut palms, offers total peace and privacy in a tranquil courtyard-style setting.
Decorated in neutral tones enlivened with bright splashes of colour, Villa Jajaliluna is a soothing and calming oasis to return to after exploring the neighbourhood’s funky boutiques, exquisite galleries, fine restaurants, luxurious spas or trendy bars (…all the places you might visit without your little ones in tow then!) With your own in-house chef, private butler, swimming pool and media room, it’s also ideal for those who would rather just stay put and chill and enjoy the serenity of the villa.
Luminous with a white facade, French-style shutters, terrazzo tiles, Palimanan stone surrounds and bengkirai wood floors, the villa combines modern and colonial architecture to create a tropical oasis. Built around a dazzling T-shaped swimming pool, the villa is practical and compact but offers plenty of space with three separate living areas, an open-plan kitchen and dining room, pool deck, outdoor dining terrace and four air-conditioned bedrooms with large ensuite bathrooms.
To complement the villa, guests are treated to five-star service from its staff. Whether it’s mixing cocktails by the pool, preparing an outdoor seafood barbecue, arranging a private yoga class or playing a game of Nintendo Wii with the kids, Villa Jajaliluna’s warm and friendly staff will do their utmost to make you feel at home.
This villa combines crisp modern lines with traditional finishes to create a chic and elegant home. Guests enter the villa via a Palimanan stone walkway bordered by high walls and hibsiscus which leads to a large wooden cantilevered door and a compact garden courtyard. Stepping stones traverse a pond flanked either side by fire bowls and a small lawn planted with coconut trees, to present a central swimming pool and Jajaliluna’s three living pavilions.
Closest to the entrance lies the open-plan living/kitchen pavilion which overlooks the pool deck. Symmetrically opposite is the media room and outdoor dining terrace. The main two-storey pavilion, comprising four bedrooms and two living areas, languishes along the far side of the pool, facing west to maximise the sunset views.
Property Type: Private Villa / Bedrooms: 4 / Sleeps: 7
Bedrooms: Housed in the main two-storey pavilion with its traditional wood-shingled roof, whitewashed walls, ironwood floors and white French shutters, all four light and airy bedrooms are cooled by air-conditioners and ceiling fans and open onto – or overlook – the swimming pool.
From its poolside position on the ground floor, the stunning Master suite features a King Size bed draped with mosquito netting and is beautifully decorated with bright green, yellow and pink cushions that contrast beautifully against crisp white linens.A frosted glass door slides open to reveal a huge ensuite bathroom with a walk-in rain shower, twin marble vanities and a walled garden that boasts a second rain shower and a large terrazzo bathtub for starlit bathing.
The two King-bedded guest rooms (one on the ground floor and the other directly above) are similar in design and accented with pink and green fabric which injects splashes of colour against the whitewashed walls. Opening onto the pool deck, the ground floor room features a mosaic-tiled ensuite bathroom with a small walled garden, a bathtub and an open-air shower. The upstairs guestroom, which opens onto a balcony overlooking the pool, is furnished with a Super King Size bed and a white-upholstered leather armchair. The ensuite bathroom features a walk-in rain shower and grey marble vanity which opens onto a balcony at the rear.
The fourth bedroom is also located on the upper floor; accessed from the TV lounge. With mezzanine-style bunks above Twin beds, this room is ideal for children, but is also suitable for a couple or a family with two children as the twin beds can easily be converted to a King. The ensuite bathroom is fitted with a walk-in rain shower and grey marble vanity opening onto a rear balcony.
Lounge & Dining Area: Jajaliluna’s two-storey pavilion features two living areas where guests can unwind and relax. The downstairs lounge opens widely onto a timber deck bordering the pool but can be closed off to stop the toddlers wandering where they shouldn’t. With cool terrazzo floors, ceiling fan, rattan sofa and comfortable arm chairs, this is the perfect place to sit back and enjoy your favourite music on the Denon sound system. To the rear of the lounge is a small walled garden with a cascading water-wall perfect for listening to if you are able to close your eyes and relax for a sneaky break.A Palimanan stone staircase with glass balustrade leads to the mezzanine TV lounge. Equipped with an L-shaped white leather sofa, beanbags, ceiling fan, a large flatscreen satellite TV, DVD player and Nintendo Wii, this makes a great space for the kids to hang out. This room also opens onto the balcony overlooking the pool.
The villa’s media room is housed in a single-storey poolside pavilion, characterised by an ironwood floor and vaulted roof. Bi-fold doors on three sides can be opened to enjoy the natural breeze or closed for air-conditioned comfort and contain wandering toddlers. Equipped with a 42- inch satellite TV, DVD player, Denon surround-sound system and movie box, this is the spot to enjoy a film while relaxing on the deep-cushioned sofas.Opposite the media room, across the pool, lies the open-plan kitchen/dining pavilion.
The predominately white kitchen is fitted with a stainless steel oven and stove, wok burner, large fridge, coffee machine and microwave, and features a teak bar with six bar stools where guests can sit and sip cocktails while the chef prepares dinner. This pavilion also offers a choice of fan-cooled tropical living or enclosed air-conditioned comfort.The dining area is furnished with a fabulous square dining table (seats eight) and opens out onto the poolside deck.
Outside & Pool Area: The dazzling T-shaped swimming pool with cool aquamarine and cobalt blue ceramic tiles forms the focal point of the villa and is fitted with recessed lights to create a lovely night-time ambiance.Four separate poolside areas cater for different moods: for sun seekers, the Palimanan stone sun terrace is furnished with loungers and umbrellas; for reading or socialising, a timber deck is shaded by sails and furnished with two round rattan sofas; for outdoor dining, the white washed teak dining table and barbecue await, and for those that wish to doze there’s a sheltered daybed. An outdoor shower is convenient for rinsing off after a swim in the pool or a trip to the beach.
- Sleeps: 8 adults, 2 children (3 king, 1 twin [can be converted to king] with 2 bunks)
- Amenities: A short stroll into Seminyak for a wander around the boutiques, eat at the many restaurants or check out the bars
- Beach: 500m to Seminyak beach
- Baby Sitting: Can be arranged at extra cost
- Useful Baby Gear: Baby cots, 2 x highchairs, baby car seat, bottle steriliser are available on request. Booster seat, potty, plastic step, changing mat, baby bath, non slip bath mat and baby monitor can all be provided upon extra cost
- Indoor/Outdoor toys: DVD’s and board games
- Private Pool: Private swimming pool 91sqm. Pool is not fenced so care should be taken with little ones. A pool fence can be hired if requested
- Children’s Menu: Specially requested kids menu available
- In Villa Dining: Villa Jajaliluna’s private chef, Gusti, is at your service to prepare daily breakfast, lunch and dinner. The villa offers an extensive suggestion menu of delicious home-style meals featuring Asian and international dishes to cater to all tastes, with an excellent selection of vegetarian and children’s options. A stay at the villa is certainly not complete without a seafood barbecue served on the poolside dining terrace. Chef Gusti is more than happy to tailor meals and accommodate any special dietary requirements. To make the most of the kitchen and give staff time to shop, it is recommended that you plan meals with the chef or villa manager the evening before. Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price. Guests will be requested to provide grocery money in advance and the staff will do the shopping for you and keep the receipts for your reference
- Villa Staff: The villa has a Villa Manager who is very friendly, 2 x Butlers (who have been professionally trained and will attend to your every need, including serving food and beverages at mealtimes, snacks, afternoon tea,cocktails and drinks throughout the day and evening..wow!) 2 x Villa Attendants; gardener/pool attendant; 4 x Security Guards
- Laundry: Laundry service is provided to take of your basic daily needs
- Airport Transfers: Can be arranged
- Driver and car/bike rental: A car with driver can be organised at a reasonable extra cost for guests who would like to have their own private transport – either for a few hours or for their entire holiday
- Wifi/Mobile Phone: WiFi internet access; landline for local calls and IDD; mobile phone coverage
- Visiting Spa Therapist: A masseuse is available on request as are other spa treatments from a local reputable spa
- Entertainment: Satellite TV and DVD players; Denon surround-sound system with CD player; iPod dock, movie hard drive; Nintendo Wii. Guests can also benefit from complimentary guest membership to The Canggu Club, which is Bali’s premier private members club.
Prices for 2017 – 2018 (prices listed in USD)
|DATES||COST PER NIGHT||10+ NIGHTS||MIN STAY|
|02 May 2017 – 15 June 2017
01 Sept 2017 – 14 Dec 2107
08 Jan 2018 – 14 Feb 2018
22 Feb 2018 – 23 Mar 2018
09 April 2018 – 27 April 2018
02 May 2018 – 15 Jun 2018
03 Sep 2018 – 4 Dec 2018
|16 Jun 2017 – 23 Jun 2017
21 Aug 2017 – 31 Aug 2017
24 Mar 2018 – 28 Mar 2018
03 Apr 2018 – 08 April 2018
16 Jun 2018 – 22 Jun 2018
20 Aug 2018- 2 Sept 2018
|24 Jun 2017 – 20 Aug 2017
15 Dec 2017 – 25 Dec 2017
02 Jan 2018 – 7 Jan 2018
15 Feb 2018 – 21 Feb 2018
29 March 2018 02 Apr 2018
28 April 2018 – 1 May 2018
23 Jun 2018 – 19 Aug 2018
15 Dec 2018 – 25 Dec 2018
|26 Dec 2017 – 02 Jan 2018
26 Dec 2018 – 02 Jan 2019
Just 500 metres from Seminyak Beach and a short stroll to the island’s most famous restaurants, bars, spas and boutiques, Villa Jajaliluna is a food lover and shopper’s dream location. The villa is situated just off Jalan Laksmana, Bali’s ‘Eat St’, where you will find every type of cuisine possible – Italian, Japanese, Moroccan, Indian and traditional Indonesian warungs.
The wide, black, sandy beach near the villa stretches north and south as far as the eye can see, and is perfect for running, walking, building sandcastles and, of course, lazing in the sun. Sun beds with umbrellas can be hired from local vendors, but if you want a more luxurious experience head to the string of five-star hotels that offer five-star beachside service. At sunset, Seminyak Beach is alive with locals and holidaymakers savouring the magical moments as the sun goes down. There are plenty of surf breaks, but swimming is permitted only between the flags due to strong currents.