Villa Lotus is a luxury six-bedroom villa set within the Miskawaan Resort complex of nine beachfront villas on Koh Samui’s unspoilt north coast. Backed by tropical palms and fringed by the white sands of Maenam Beach, the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Thailand are literally just a stone’s throw away.
Each villa within the complex enjoys its own individual features, layout and, most importantly, privacy – however, it benefits from the added-value services Miskawaan Resort provides. This can be anything from sourcing a personal chauffeur, babysitter or masseuse, restaurant reservations to arranging for a chef to prepare an authentic Thai meal within the comfort of your own villa. Each villa has its own Villa Manager so you can rest assured that you will be well taken care of.
This impressive six bedroom villa is designed around a luxurious L-shaped swimming pool. With two Double and four Twin rooms, Villa Lotus would be the perfect property for multiple families holidaying together. The villa provides fantastic communal facilities, but also offers plenty of space for that all-important privacy. With a spacious living and dining room, games room, beautiful garden and pool area and direct beach access, this promises to be the perfect setting for a relaxing and memorable family holiday.
Villa Lotus provides the best of both worlds of indoor and outdoor living, with both seamlessly flowing into one another. All rooms benefit from floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding doors, inviting the lush tropical gardens indoors, and maximising the spectacular sea views. Exposed timber ceilings and polished teak or marble floors give a sense of tropical luxury, whilst maintaining a bright and airy feel. Dark wood furniture, local artwork and colourful soft furnishings give a uniquely Thai feel to the villa.
Property Type: Private Villa / Bedrooms: 6 / Sleeps: 12
- Bedrooms: This sizeable property has are two Double and four Twin bedrooms. The three Twin bedrooms are located at the rear of the property and each benefit from sliding doors leading directly to the pool area, and an ensuite marble bathroom featuring an indoor shower and bathtub.Also at the rear of the property is a two storey pavilion which is home to a Games room. With its comfy lounge seating for up to 10 people, 8-ball pool table, foosball table and TV with DVD player and satellite TV. This would be a teenager’s dream bedroom for a holiday as this space also doubles up as an additional Twin Bedroom with its own ensuite bathroom. Stairs lead upstairs from the Games room to a Double bedroom with ensuite bathroom with double vanity and indoor shower. The room also has a TV with DVD player and satellite TV and a private balcony with sunloungers providing views out to sea.The impressive Master Suite occupies the third separate pavilion at the front of the property, adjacent to the pool and commands spectacular views of the beach and Koh Phan Ngan through its floor-to-ceiling windows. Sliding doors lead out onto a patio with sunloungers and a double daybed offering uninterrupted views over the garden and out to sea. A further outdoor balcony providing views out to sea is located above the verandah and accessed via outdoor steps.The Master Bedroom features a high vaulted ceiling with exposed timber beams and polished teak flooring, walk-in closet and TV with satellite TV and DVD player. The large ensuite marble bathroom boasts an indoor and open-air shower and a Jacuzzi bathtub, which invites frazzled parents to sink in at the end of a long day. A private office is attached to the Master Suite, with its own entrance out onto the pool area.
- Lounge & Dining Area: The open-plan living and dining area is set under a high vaulted ceiling with exposed timber beams, with marble flooring helping to keep the room cool and airy. There is lounge seating to comfortably seat ten people, and a TV with satellite TV and DVD player. A large dining table seats ten, making this an ideal space for social and family occasions. Floor-to-ceiling windows give views out onto the pool and garden and beyond out to sea, while carefully placed traditional artifacts give a distinct Thai feel to the room.An open-air living area adjoins the lounge room and is home to another 10-seater dining table and 2 large comfy couches and chair. This space boasts uninterrupted views out to sea, making it a stunning spot for breakfast or lunch with a view. The adjoining gas BBQ facilities and built-in bar with darts board, fridge and stereo system make this a popular space for evening entertaining also.
- Kitchen: The modern, fully fitted, Western style kitchen leads off the indoor dining area. The kitchen is a good size with plenty of workspace, including an island console, wooden cupboards, black granite worktops and full Siemens appliances. Miskawaan Resort can arrange for a chef to prepare authentic Thai meals within the comfort of your own villa, if required, allowing you more time to relax with the family.
- Outside & Pool Area: Villa life centres around the large L-shaped blue-tiled saltwater swimming pool, which is lined with towering palm trees and offers views out to sea. Steps lead into the shallow end of the pool, making for easy access for little ones.Beach frontage at Villa Lotus amounts to an enviable 39m – more than any other villa within the Miskawaan Resort complex, meaning spectacular views out to sea from almost anywhere in the villa. A strip of grass lawn runs along the beachfront, providing some space for children to play, and has direct access to the beach. The poolside ‘sala’ provides welcome respite from the heat of the day. Its comfortable lounge seating makes it the perfect spot for sunset cocktails or a quiet morning coffee.An outdoor toilet saves adults and children dripping wet footprints through the bedrooms, while an outdoor shower allows you to wash off all that sand before venturing indoors.
- Useful Tips: There is no fencing around the pool and so care should be taken with young children.All rooms have direct garden/pool access via sliding doors, so special care would need to be taken if holidaying with small children.Bedrooms 5 (games room) and 6 do not have bathtubs in the bathrooms, nor is there a stairgate on the stairs and so these rooms would be the least suitable for families with small children.
- Sleeps: 12
- Amenities: 5/10 min walk to local restaurant and shops and Maenam Village where once a week stalls are erected to sell local wares from 4pm until late. 10 min drive to Bhoput and 15/20mins drive to Chaweng
- Beach: Villa is beachfront so literally the sand is only a few footsteps away!
- Baby Sitting: Can be arranged @ THB 450 ++ per hour per nanny (maximum 2 children per nanny)
- Useful Baby Gear: Cots, high chairs, playpen, baby monitor, car seat, fence around the pool, strip lock for sliding doors can all be provided. Other items can also be arranged but there may be an additional fee
- Indoor/Outdoor toys: Beach toys are available
- Private Pool: Private saltwater swimming pool, with steps in the shallow end to make it easier for the little ones. A pool fence can also be requested
- Children’s Menu: Whilst there is no ‘set childrens’ menu the Chefs and Villa Manager can cater for most requests. The charges for this is at cost +30%
- In Villa Dining: An extensive in villa dining menu is available; the Chefs can also where possible cater for other requests. The Chefs will go shopping for supplies and this be charged at cost +30%. The Chef service is complimentary and breakfast (hot and continental) is included in the rate
- Villa Staff: Villa Manager, Maid and Private Chef
- Concierge Service: Available through Villa Manager and Guest Relations Manager
- Laundry: Can be arranged
- Airport Transfers: One round trip transfer is complimentary
- Driver and car/bike rental: Can be arranged
- Wifi/Mobile Phone: Wi-Fi is free at the resort
- Visiting Spa Therapist: Can be arranged
- Shopping Service: Can be arranged
Prices for 2017 – 2019 (prices listed in USD)
|SEASON||DATES||4BR/SLEEPS 8||5BR/SLEEPS 10||6BR/SLEEPS 12|
|Intermediate||Min 3 Nights||Min 3 Nights||Min 3 Nights|
|01 June 2017 – 30 June 2017
01 Sept 2017 – 14 Dec 2016
10 Apr 2018 – 30 June 2018
01 Sep 2018 – 14 Dec 2018
|High||Min 3 Nights||Min 3 Nights||Min 3 Nights|
|01 Jul 2017 – 31 Aug 2017
11 Jan 2018 – 08 Feb 2018
25 Feb 2018 – 24 Mar 2018
01 Jul 2018 – 31 Aug 2018
|Peak||Min 5 Nights||Min 5 Nights||Min 5 Nights|
|09 Feb 2018 – 24 Feb 2018
25 Mar 2018 – 09 Apr 2018
|Xmas/New Year||Min 7 Nights||Min 7 Nights||Min 7 Nights|
|15 Dec 2017 – 10 Jan 2018
15 Dec 2018 – 10 Jan 2019
Maenam is on the north coast of Samui Island. Maenam Beach is a 5km stretch of beach fringed with coconut trees, facing Koh Phangan to the North and is not as developed as Samui’s east coast resort towns. Maenam is a quieter area to spend your holiday and is ideally suited to families. Whilst it is more peaceful, it does have a dining and shopping scene and is still conveniently located to the towns of Bophut and Chaweng which offer more hustle and bustle should you wish to experience that.