Villa Maridadi offers incredible ocean views, stunning sunsets and luxurious open-air living amidst vivid green rice fields and rustling coconut palms. Just metres from Cemagi’s black sandy shores on the island’s southwest coast, this five-bedroom villa with a 20-metre swimming pool embraces peace and tranquillity and offers a real insight into Bali’s traditional way of life. Set on 4,100 square metres this family style villa means that guests are not only treated to the island’s stunning panorama but also to the most enchanting and exotic of Balinese traditions.
Thoughtfully designed for relaxation and comfort, this spacious and welcoming home mixes traditional architecture and artefacts with easy modern living. Throughout the villa, splashes of vibrant red – in the soft furnishings, the bright parasols and the magnificent flowering heliconias – contrast against the teak wood furniture and the green of the well manicured lawns. Five large air-conditioned bedrooms with luxurious garden bathrooms provide guests with total peace and privacy. Options for leisure and entertainment are endless with a Games room, shared tennis court, swimming pool, open-sided living and dining pavilion, massage balé and an adorable thatched rice barn, or lumbung, overlooking the ocean and perfect for sneaking in those sunset cocktails.
A treasured ingredient of a stay at this villa is the warm and friendly staff. From the attentive butlers to the experienced in-house chef they will gladly attend to your requests with a minimum of fuss, whether it be arranging a spa service or preparing your favourite meal.
The added beauty of Villa Maridadi is that although you may well choose not to leave this sumptuous oasis, the world famous surf breaks of Echo Beach and the Nirwana Bali Golf Course are just a 10-minute drive away while cosmopolitan Seminyak, with its impressive array of restaurants and boutiques, can be reached in about half an hour.
All rooms have ocean views with the five air-conditioned bedrooms resting behind the huge opensided living and dining pavilion that overlooks the pool.
Property Type: Private Villa / Bedrooms: 5 / Sleeps: 7
The stand-alone Master suite features traditional high thatched ceilings and solid teak floors. Located to the left of the main living and dining pavilion it is also close to the pool and has lovely ocean views. The suite is accessed by two sets of sliding glass doors; one opening onto a patio where two daybeds beckon guests to relax and unwind. Back inside, a Super-King four poster bed draped with mosquito netting is crafted in beautiful Javanese wood from which the bedside tables and wall carving are also made. Teak cupboards provide plenty of hanging space.The Master suite’s garden bathroom is accessed from a small corridor which connects to a study. The cream coloured terrazzo tub and twin wash basins sit undercover while the Palimanan stone shower is open to the tropical elements. The study comprises a writing desk, two book cases, and a flat-screen satellite TV and DVD player which can be viewed from a large window seat adorned with batik cushions. A second garden bathroom with open-air shower is attached to the study.
Two King-bedded Master suites are housed in separate buildings behind the living and dining pavilion and also feature teakwood floors and alang-alang thatched ceilings. Both feature four poster beds draped in mosquito netting, ceiling fans (in addition to air conditioning), and stone-walled garden bathrooms comprising a cream terrazzo bathtub and wash basin plus an open-air Palimanan stone shower. A patio area provides the perfect place to take in the ocean views.
Downstairs Guest Bedrooms:
Directly behind the Master suites is a large two-storey building fitted out with a Games/TV room upstairs and two guest bedrooms downstairs. Both light and airy bedrooms feature large Twin beds (with trundle beds underneath) – perfect for children – and a garden bathroom with open-air shower. A flight of steps leads above the twin bedrooms to the Games room with its large billiard table. This brightly decorated space is decked out for socialising but can also be used for yoga and quieter activities. A huge daybed and L-shaped sofa is the ultimate place to kick back and relax in front of the large flat-screen satellite TV with DVD. Guests can choose to open the sliding windows to catch the breeze or chill-out in air-conditioned comfort.
- Lounge & Dining Area: The grand, open-sided living and dining pavilion sits strategically in front of the bedrooms overlooking the pool and ocean. Its soaring thatched roof is held high by round coconut-wood pillars to maximise the breeze. Surrounded by beautiful lily ponds and charming water features, this really is the ideal spot to socialise and enjoy the tropical lifestyle. Lounging options range from the oversized daybed to the comfortable wicker sofas. In the dining area, the three-metre long solid wood table seats 10 and makes the perfect setting for a holiday feast! The pavilion features a Bose sound system which also controls the speakers by the pool.Conveniently situated, just behind the dining area is the kitchen pavilion, fully equipped with all the necessary mod cons and fitted with teak cupboards and black granite countertops.
- Outside & Pool Area: Maridadi’s inviting 20-metre green-stone pool is bordered by natural Palimanan stone and is great for swimming laps or simply for cooling off while admiring the ocean views. Alongside the pool a timber deck sports six sun loungers shaded by umbrellas and is just the place to soak up the tropical rays. A separate washroom and outdoor shower featuring stunning antique Indian copper urns is located conveniently nearby while, behind the pool, sits a 10-seater table shaded by a red sail for alfresco dining. When romantic candlelit dinners are called for (how could you resist?) villa staff can also set up a beautiful tent on the large lawn in front of the pool.
Surrounded by coconut palms the adorable lumbung (rice barn) offers superb ocean views from a deck below its thatched roof. This is the ultimate retreat for sunset cocktails or a relaxing cup of tea. To the rear of the property is a hard surface tennis court (shared with three other villas). After an energetic game, guests can have a massage in the massage balé overlooking the rice fields.
- Sleeps: 10 people (1 Super-King Master suite, 2 King Master Suites; 2 Twin bedrooms) plus 4 extra trundle beds
Please note that families with toddlers will have to be extra vigilant as there are some water features/ponds dotted around the property.
- Amenities: Despite its rural setting, the villa is only 30 minutes’ drive from the many restaurants and shops of cosmopolitan Seminyak
- Beach: World famous Echo Beach is also within easy reach (10 minutes by car), where guests can enjoy the laidback surfer vibe, an ice-cold beer and great sunsets
- Baby Sitting: Can be arranged at extra cost
- Useful Baby Gear: 2 x Baby cots, highchair, baby car seat, baby bath, pool fence bottle steriliser are available on request. Booster seat, potty, plastic step, changing mat, non slip bath mat, baby monitor, bottle steriliser can all be provided upon extra cost
- Indoor/Outdoor Toys: DVD’s
- Private Pool: Private swimming pool 20m x 5m. Pool is not fenced so care should be taken with little ones, however a pool fence can be requested
- Children’s Menu: Specially requested kids menu available
- In Villa Dining: Villa Maridadi offers a suggested menu featuring Indonesian and international dishes to cater to all tastes. If guests have a specific request then Agung, the in-house chef, is more than happy to tailor meals accordingly and accommodate any special dietary requirements. To make the most of the kitchen and give staff time to shop, it is a good idea to plan meals with the chef the evening before. Guests will be requested to provide a float for provisions, which are charged at cost price
- Villa Staff: The villa has Villa manager, Chef, Driver, 4 x Butlers, 3 x Gardeners, Pool Attendant, 5 x Security Guards
- Laundry: Laundry service is provided to take of your basic daily needs
- Airport Transfers: Airport transfers are included in the Rate
- Driver and car/bike rental: AA driver and car (seating up to six passengers) is available to villa guests for eight hours a day (excluding petrol).
- Wifi/Mobile Phone: WiFi broadband internet access
- Visiting Spa Therapist: Villa Maridadi offers in-house spa services on request for those guests seeking extra pampering
- Entertainment: Bose music system in living/dining and pool area, large flat-screen satellite TV with DVD and sound system in Games room, billiard table, table tennis, pool toys
- Additional facilities: BBQ, tennis court (shared), treadmill, 3 bicycles
Prices for 2017 – 2018 (prices listed in USD)
|DATES||COST PER NIGHT||10+ NIGHTS||MIN STAY|
|02 May 2017 – 15 June 2017
01 Sept 2017 – 14 Dec 2107
08 Jan 2018 – 14 Feb 2018
22 Feb 2018 – 23 Mar 2018
09 April 2018 – 27 April 2018
02 May 2018 – 15 Jun 2018
03 Sep 2018 – 4 Dec 2018
|16 Jun 2017 – 23 Jun 2017
21 Aug 2017 – 31 Aug 2017
24 Mar 2018 – 28 Mar 2018
03 Apr 2018 – 08 April 2018
16 Jun 2018 – 22 Jun 2018
20 Aug 2018- 2 Sept 2018
|24 Jun 2017 – 20 Aug 2017
15 Dec 2017 – 25 Dec 2017
02 Jan 2018 – 7 Jan 2018
15 Feb 2018 – 21 Feb 2018
29 March 2018 02 Apr 2018
28 April 2018 – 1 May 2018
23 Jun 2018 – 19 Aug 2018
15 Dec 2018 – 25 Dec 2018
|26 Dec 2017 – 02 Jan 2018
26 Dec 2018 – 02 Jan 2019
Nestled between rice fields and the Indian Ocean, Villa Maridadi is situated in the traditional village of Cemagi on Bali’s south-west coast. The black sandy shores and rocky outcrops are also home to the small sea temple of Pura Gede Luhur Batungaus.
Walk through the gate at the front of the garden and take a stroll along the beach, or cycle through the rice fields and experience the Balinese way of life; you are bound to witness a village ceremony or two as you explore.
Despite its rural setting, the villa is only 30 minutes’ drive from the many restaurants and shops of cosmopolitan Seminyak. World famous Echo Beach is also within easy reach (10 minutes by car), where guests can enjoy the laidback surfer vibe, an ice-cold beer and some incredible sunsets. And just down the road from Echo Beach, Canggu’s Jalan Batu Bolong is lined with exciting new places to eat, drink and shop.