Villa Munay-Ki is situated within the prestigious Sai Taan Villas complex, just minutes from Bang Tao Beach, which is one of the many stunning beaches in Phuket. The villa is conveniently located at the entrance to the Laguna Resort, which means it has close proximity to many renowned restaurants, bars and hotel resorts, all within walking distance. Surin and Layan beaches are also only a 7-10 minute drive away.
The one-storey villa is set within private grounds of just under 1000 square meters. Being single storey there are no stairs to worry about and children are kept safe within the walled outdoor space. As soon as you enter the villa you will see the inviting 10-meter swimming pool and Jacuzzi, one of the many things that this villa offers to deliver you a perfect holiday. This bright, spacious five-bedroom villa provides you with a stylish yet comfortable escape for that well deserved relaxing and luxurious holiday.
Villa Munay-Ki’s design creates an easy flow of indoor and outdoor living. It is divided into two separate living/sleeping areas – the main villa and the Garden Suite, making this an ideal property for two families to share for a group holiday, or for those travelling with older kids/teenagers who value their space and privacy.
The white-painted interior is set beneath an elegant Thai style vaulted roof and complemented with dark wood polished floors. The villa has been thoughtfully decorated with a blend of contemporary and oriental furnishings giving a modern and luxurious feel.
Property Type: Private Villa / Bedrooms: 5 / Sleeps: 10
- Bedrooms: The bedrooms are divided between the main villa and the Garden Suite and provide a haven for a good night’s sleep. All bedrooms feature air-conditioning and ceiling fans. The main villa houses three beautiful bedrooms, each with ensuite and direct access to the pool.The Master Suite boasts a super King Size bed and separate large walk-in wardrobe, while the 42” LED screen TV, DVD player and iPod dock ensure your entertainment needs are well catered for. The large beautifully appointed ensuite bathroom features a separate shower and huge sunken bath, perfect for leisurely pampering when the small ones are either being entertained or fast asleep.The Junior Master Suite also features a King Size bed, ensuite bathroom and separate walk-in wardrobe room. The Villa Twin room has two Twin beds and attached bathroom. Both rooms boast LED screen TVs, DVD players and iPod docks. The separate Garden Villa, located in a slightly quieter area of the garden provides the ideal accommodation for those who feel more comfortable being in connecting rooms with little ones. It offers two charming bedrooms – one with King Size bed, one with Twin single beds, a connecting TV room and shared bathroom. The adjoining TV room boasts a 32” LED screen TV, DVD player and iPod dock. The daybed in the TV room can also be used for sleeping which means the garden suite can easily accommodate a larger family. All rooms come with a safe, hair dryer, universal sockets and bathroom amenities to give it that luxury hotel feel.
- Lounge & Dining Area: The large living/dining area is open plan, with large folding doors opening on to the pool area, creating a bright and breezy space. You can also have the option of closing the doors should you wish to contain the more adventurous toddler. The large comfortable seating can accommodate 10 easily, so the whole group can gather and spend quality time together either over one of the many board games provided or a movie night. A high quality sound system provides surround sound TV in the living room and dining room and can also provide you with music to the outside bar and sala should you wish to enhance the chilled vibe around the pool. An Apple TV also allows guests to play their own chosen holiday playlist into the integral sound system. Free wireless internet access is available throughout the villa should you wish to keep up with what’s happening beyond your holiday bubble. The dining table seats 10 people, perfect for family groups/gatherings and the villa also has 3 high chairs.
- The Kitchen: The modern, fully fitted, open plan Western style kitchen is a good size with plenty of workspace, dark wooden cupboards and black granite worktops. The kitchen is fitted with all mod-cons, and it is also well stocked with quality crockery, cutlery, utensils, pans and dishes, including plastic plates, bowls cups and cutlery for children. Essential for those families with little ones, is a blender, baby streilzer and filtered water and for the adults a ground coffee pump esperesso machine. While the kitchen is for use by the guests and staff, the villa provides complimentary cooking of breakfast. Lunch and dinner can also be provided for a small fee.
- Outside & Pool Area: The private 10-meter pool is set within beautifully landscaped gardens. The integral Jacuzzi has been modified from the original design to pride a baby pool which is 30cm deep, providing little ones with their own space to splash around. There is a shallow end with steps for easy access and a selection of pool toys are provided. A major plus for this villa is that it offers a portable pool fence which has a safely closing gate to allow for easy access which really does give you ‘peace of mind’ which is very difficult to achieve with little ones around the place.The four cushioned sunloungers are ideal for taking in the sunshine. Whilst the ‘sala’ is fitted out as one large day bed and provides welcome respite from the heat of the day and also a great venue for the group to relax and catch-up together. The decking between the indoor and outdoor areas features a dining table and chairs, perfect for breakfast or lunch by the pool or alfresco dining under the stars.A highlight of the outdoor space is the poolside bar area – the perfect spot for a sundowner cocktail with friends. It even boasts a 32” LCD TV, so you need not miss your favourite sporting event while enjoying the balmy tropical weather!
- Multi Function Massage & Fitness Room : Nestled in a quiet part of the garden is a stand alone room that comes with two massage beds making it the perfect quick escape from your loved ones while the little ones nap. For the more fitness conscious it also comes with exercise mats where you can do yoga or pilates work out. The room comes with a TV and DVD’s so you can follow along with guided meditations if you are looking for a bit of calmness and serenity.
The owners of this villa, Mark and Kelly have been living in Singapore since 1996. Having their own children and Kelly, coming from a hotel management background, they wanted to create a second home, ideal for them bit also great value for guests. As most guests will concur, Villa Munay-Ki feels as luxurious as any 5* star hotel but as comfortable as your own home. It comes with many of the benefits of a hotel stay but without the high service charges. Often a worry with private villas is how well they are maintained, but fortunately being located in Singapore, the family often stays at the villa themselves which allows them to regularly check on the property to ensure that the quality of the service and accommodation are constantly maintained.
The Villa comes with English speaking staff that have many years of experience working in the hospitality industry. The two full-time staff clean, cook, drive and also provide concierge services and are extremely attentive and helpful, so ensuring that all the guests needs can be easily met.
- Sleeps: 14 (Maximum 10 adults)
- Amenities: 5/10min walk to restaurants and supermarkets
- Beach: 5 mins drive to beach, 15 mins to walk to Bang Tao beach and other Laguna hotel resorts
- Baby Sitting: The villa staff are happy to babysit and this can be arranged @ THB250 per hour. If you require a more specialised nanny service you can inform the Owner of your needs in your booking request. A Nanny can come for a few hours or for the whole stay
- Useful Baby Gear: 3 x travel cots, 2 x sets of bed rails, 3 x highchairs, plastic cutlery/plates/cups, blender, baby steriliser and filtered water. Other items can be arranged on request for additional fee
- Indoor/Outdoor toys: Selection of kiddies DVD’s, books and games and toys for the beach and pool. Disney Channel, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network channels are available on the Satellite TV installed in all rooms in the villa and also the TV room in the Garden Suite. Nintendo Wii and games can also be requested from the Villa Staff
- Private Pool: 10m pool which has a shallow end and steps for ease of access. The pool also has an optional removable pool fence with auto-closing gate and other security features to give you extra peace of mind. Th integral Jacuzzi has been modified from the original design to provide a baby pool which is 30cm deep providing little ones their own space to splash around.
- Welcome Package: The villa comes stocked with a free welcome pack, found mainly in the kitchen fridge, consists of milk, bread, eggs, fruit, orange juice, tea and coffee
- Children’s Menu: The villa offers a menu of delicious Thai food prepared by the Villa Staff and includes dishes which are popular with children. If anyone has a food allergy in your party, please inform the Owner in advance so they can try their best to stock suitable alternative items. There is a blender if you wish food to be pureed and a microwave for sterilising. As an alternative to the villa menu you can also order from any of the nearby restaurants, delivery is normally within 30 minutes
- In Villa Dining: Standard meal times are: Breakfast: 9am-11am; Lunch: 12pm-2pm; Dinner: 5-8pm, meals should be pre-ordered say before so ingredients can be purchased
- Concierge Service: The villa has a concierge service so massages, restaurant reservations and transport/tours can all be arranged
- Villa Staff: The villa has a Villa Manager who works from 9am-5pm (if not cooking dinner) and up to 10pm for concierge services. There is also a full-time housekeeper
- Laundry: For laundry the charge is US$5.00 per load or alternatively it can be sent to the outside laundry for you if required quickly
- Airport Transfers: Return airport transfers are included (one trip)
- Driver and car/bike rental: A driver is provided for short trips, for longer trips a taxi or car hire is recommended. There are also 5 x bicycles for use at the property
- Wifi/Mobile Phone: Internet Access and mobile phone coverage good
- Visiting Spa Therapist: Can be arranged with the in-house masseur
- Shopping Service: Is available on request and is charged at the price plus 100bht transport fee
Prices for 2017 – 2018 (prices listed in USD)
|DATES||VILLA & GARDEN SUITE
(3 ROOMS/6 PAX)
(1 ROOM/2 PAX)
|10 Jan – 30 Apr||$800.00||$750.00||$650.00||3|
|1 May – 30 May||$600.00||$550.00||$500.00||3|
|1 June – 15 Aug||$650.00||$600.00||$550.00||3|
|16 Aug – 30 Oct||$600.00||$550.00||$500.00||3|
|1 Nov – 19 Dec||$800.00||$750.00||$650.00||3|
|20 Dec – 27 Dec||$1450.00||N/A||N/A||7|
|28 Dec – 9 Jan||$1500.00||N/A||N/A||7|
Villa Munay-Ki is situated just 900 meters from Bang Tao Beach, one of the most stunning beaches in Phuket.