Villa Waterlilly is a luxury five-bedroom villa set within the idyllic Miskawaan Resort which is a complex of nine beachfront villas on Koh Samui’s unspoilt north coast. Backed by tropical palms and fringed by the white sands of Maenam Beach, the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Thailand are literally just a stone’s throw away.
Each villa within the complex enjoys its own individual features, layout and, most importantly, privacy – however, it benefits from the added-value services Miskawaan Resort provides. This can be anything from sourcing a personal chauffeur, babysitter or masseuse, restaurant reservations to arranging for a chef to prepare an authentic Thai meal within the comfort of your own villa. Each villa has its own Villa Manager so you can rest assured that you will be well taken care of.
This villa is centred around its inviting L-shaped swimming pool and traditional Thai sala and landscaped tropical garden which are criss crossed with terracotta walkways. The villa provides fantastic communal facilities, but also offers plenty of areas for that all-important privacy. With two Double and three Twin rooms, Villa Waterlilly would be the perfect property for multiple families holidaying together. With a spacious living and dining room, beautiful garden and pool area and direct beach access, this promises to be the perfect setting for a relaxing and memorable family holiday.
Villa Waterlilly provides the best of both worlds of indoor and outdoor living, with both seamlessly flowing into one another. All rooms benefit from floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding doors, inviting the lush tropical gardens indoors, and maximising the spectacular sea views. Exposed timber ceilings and polished teak or marble floors give a sense of tropical luxury, whilst maintaining a bright and airy feel. Dark wood furniture, local artwork and colourful soft furnishings give a uniquely Thai feel to the villa.
Property Type: Private Villa / Bedrooms: 5 / Sleeps: 10
- Bedrooms: There are two Double bedrooms and three Twin bedrooms. The two Double rooms feature exposed timber ceilings and polished teak floors, while all bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms featuring a double vanity and indoor shower. Two Twin rooms are located to the rear of the property and a further three rooms are in the pavilion to the left of the swimming pool. All rooms have sliding doors leading out onto the garden/pool area.The Master Suite is located at the front of the property and commands spectacular views of the beach and out to sea through its floor-to-ceiling windows. Sliding doors lead out onto a patio with sunloungers and an enticing day bed, overlooking the beach. It also has a TV with satellite TV and DVD player, and stereo system, walk-through wardrobe through to the ensuite bathroom with both indoor shower and bathtub.
- Lounge & Dining Area: The living pavilion is to the right of the swimming pool and contains the large open-plan living and dining area which is set under a high vaulted ceiling with exposed timber beams, and polished teak flooring. There is lounge seating to comfortably seat ten people, and a TV with satellite TV and DVD player. A large dining table seats ten, making this an ideal space for social and family occasions. Floor-to-ceiling windows give views out onto the pool area, while carefully placed traditional artifacts give a distinct Thai feel to the room.An open-air lounge, under timber beams adjoins the living room and is home to another ten-seater dining table, which boasts uninterrupted views over the garden out to sea making it the ideal spot for breakfast or lunch with a view. This area also features an outdoor bar and stereo system.
- Kitchen: The modern, fully fitted, Western style kitchen leads off the dining area. The kitchen is a good size with plenty of workspace, wooden cupboards, black granite worktops and full Siemens appliances. Miskawaan Resort can arrange for a chef to prepare authentic Thai meals within the comfort of your own villa, if required, allowing you more time to relax with the family.
- Outside & Pool Area: Villa life centres around the large L-shaped blue-tiled saltwater swimming pool, which is surrounded by tropical foliage and palm trees and offers views out to sea. Steps lead into the shallow end of the pool, making for easy access for little ones.Beach frontage at Villa Waterlilly amounts to a generous 36m, meaning spectacular views out to sea from almost anywhere in the villa. A strip of grass lawn runs along the beachfront, from here it is just a few steps down to the beach. The poolside ‘sala’ provides welcome respite from the heat of the day and has a double massage daybed for some poolside pampering, or afternoon snoozes.An outdoor toilet saves adults and children dripping wet footprints through the bedrooms, while an outdoor shower allows you to wash off all that sand before venturing indoors.
- Useful Tips: There is no fencing around the pool and so care should be taken with young children.All rooms have direct garden/pool access via sliding doors, so special care would need to be taken if holidaying with small children.
- Sleeps: 10
- Amenities: 5/10 min walk to local restaurant and shops and Maenam Village where once a week stalls are erected to sell local wares from 4pm until late. 10 min drive to Bhoput and 15/20mins drive to Chaweng
- Beach: Villa is beachfront so literally the sand is only a few footsteps away!
- Baby Sitting: Can be arranged @ THB 450 ++ per hour per nanny (maximum 2 children per nanny)
- Useful Baby Gear: Cots, high chairs, playpen, baby monitor, car seat, fence around the pool, strip lock for sliding doors can all be provided. Other items can also be arranged but there may be an additional fee
- Indoor/Outdoor toys: Beach toys are available
- Private Pool: Private saltwater swimming pool, with steps in the shallow end to make it easier for the little ones. A pool fence can also be requested
- Children’s Menu: Whilst there is no ‘set childrens’ menu the Chefs and Villa Manager can cater for most requests. The charges for this is at cost +30%
- In Villa Dining: An extensive in villa dining menu is available; the Chefs can also where possible cater for other requests. The Chefs will go shopping for supplies and this be charged at cost +30%. The Chef service is complimentary and breakfast (hot and continental) is included in the rate
- Villa Staff: Villa Manager, Maid and Private Chef
- Concierge Service: Available through Villa Manager and Guest Relations Manager
- Laundry: Can be arranged
- Airport Transfers: One round trip transfer is complimentary
- Driver and car/bike rental: Can be arranged
- Wifi/Mobile Phone: Wi-Fi is free at the resort
- Visiting Spa Therapist: Can be arranged
- Shopping Service: Can be arranged
Prices for 2017 – 2019 (prices listed in USD)
|SEASON||DATES||3BR/SLEEPS 6||4BR/SLEEPS 8||5BR/SLEEPS 10|
|Intermediate||Min 3 Nights||Min 3 Nights||Min 3 Nights|
|01 June 2017 – 30 June 2017
01 Sept 2017 – 14 Dec 2016
10 Apr 2018 – 30 June 2018
01 Sep 2018 – 14 Dec 2018
|High||Min 3 Nights||Min 3 Nights||Min 3 Nights|
|01 Jul 2017 – 31 Aug 2017
11 Jan 2018 – 08 Feb 2018
25 Feb 2018 – 24 Mar 2018
01 Jul 2018 – 31 Aug 2018
|Peak||Min 5 Nights||Min 5 Nights||Min 5 Nights|
|09 Feb 2018 – 24 Feb 2018
25 Mar 2018 – 09 Apr 2018
|Xmas/New Year||Min 7 Nights||Min 7 Nights||Min 7 Nights|
|15 Dec 2017 – 10 Jan 2018
15 Dec 2018 – 10 Jan 2019
Maenam is on the north coast of Samui Island. Maenam Beach is a 5km stretch of beach fringed with coconut trees, facing Koh Phangan to the North and is not as developed as Samui’s east coast resort towns. Maenam is a quieter area to spend your holiday and is ideally suited to families. Whilst it is more peaceful, it does have a dining and shopping scene and is still conveniently located to the towns of Bophut and Chaweng which offer more hustle and bustle should you wish to experience that.